What I'm All About

Writing is my favorite thing, so I write stories, and reviews on stories. It's also my therapy, so I'm sorry in advance about the many petty rants I produce.
Yours Truly,
The StoryTeller

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Should Be Asleep

When have I ever written just to write? Just to say, hey paper, hey pen, let’s have a party. Well… Right now, I’m listening to Doll Parts, a nice song, by Hole. Family Guy is on soon, so I guess I’ll just type some stuff until then. What am I doing? It’s fall 2011 and I finished gym, so I can stay up late. Which is what I’m doing. Last night – this morning – I was up until two watching Baby Mama and eating popcorn. Tonight I’m feeling some Slumdog Millionaire, or Sandlot 2, and some strawberries maybe. Strawberries and honey. Which just tastes good… Really good… Dad’s upstairs, which means the downstairs is MINE. I’m really into Blondie right now, and Joan Jett. Also, the Rolling Stones.
Whoa, flashback, way back. That’s how I feel. My tastes change daily, but I just like music. Like I like to write, which is what I’m doing. Music is like my blood. And…literature is like my…food? Or breath. I don’t know, but it’s all very important. Extremely important. 8 minutes until Family Guy.
What else happened today? I went driving around, fun time… Heart of Glass is on, that’s a nice song, too. Then You Don’t Own Me, is next apparently.
But, really, who knew strawberries and honey could taste as good as they do? It’s like a party… a nice party, not a rave. A classy garden party. Where everyone wears white clothes and carries glasses of fancy, fruity wine. Does anyone get why I don’t write off the top of my head often? It’s because this is what happens. TRAIN. WRECK. Hey, now 6 minutes. Should probably buzz downstairs soon. Not literally buzz. That’s impossible. Probably walk at a leisurely pace, maybe stop and get some strawberries and honey.
I’m hungry, and music depraved, as is obviously reflected in this work. Hanging on the Telephone is a very nice beat, very… catchy, and I want to say mellow, but it isn’t mellow at all, so I don’t know why I might want to say that. The background on my laptop is kind of freaking me out. It’s like an anime robot kitten, or something. It’s creepy…but cutely so.  Like a hairless dog.
Except those aren’t really cute at all. 4 minutes. I’ve looked at the clock at 2 minute intervals. That’s weird. There are thunderbolts popping around outside and I’m kind of scared one will burst through my window and blow my brains out. Wouldn’t THAT put a damper on my day. Bummer.
But they won’t because they’re across my neighborhood, I guess. OKAY, stop with the thunder! It sounds like Blitzkrieg outside. BAM BAM BAM and next thing you know, my brains are blown out. I guess it’s time for Family Guy. Maybe I’ll save this document. Maybe I’ll do this every night. To vent. 2 MINUTES. I need to SCRAM .
Goodnight,
Erin.

I really did just sign my name… ew. This face I have at the moment is highly unamused with my antics, I believe. Yes, I know, the face.. It's not okay, get over it. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment